Help people understand where to focus their marketing efforts and which tools to set up so they can reach their goals.
Develop a streamlined, relevant version of the marketing lifecycle based on MINDBODY’s customers’ needs.
How I helped
- Content strategy and plain language writing
- Message development
- Information architecture
- Alexis Ross, Visual Designer
- Sara Lancaster, UX Designer
- Marianne Connor, Researcher
- Ryan Dougal, Product Marketing Manager
Battling a case of too many to choose from, I worked with Product Marketing, Visual and UX Design to help people understand which tools are available, which they need to set up, and which they can use if they upgrade. I worked with Alex to determine where the messaging should live and with Sara to decide how users should interact with it.
Find a balance between using precise language and deep explanations.
For example, I recommended things like:
- Use little to no marketing language (we didn’t need to pitch to the user)
- Use less MINDBODY jargon
- Don’t interrupt their flow with a modal
More educational content to guide people through getting and keeping customers.
Once we agreed on the language choices, we were able to implement them throughout the rest of the page.